You are not connected. Please login or register

Black Cohosh rubbished.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Black Cohosh rubbished. on Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:24 am

I was stalking Suspect the tinternet yesterday and started looking at menopause herbals. I found this Black Cohosh product MellowPause™️ and decided to investigate. Lots of the usual, used for years, saved a million women from the evil Menobeast; and then some scientific references.

Now who checks the references Question I normally just assume that any would validate how great the product was.

Not for Black Cohosh though affraid

Reference: Cimicifuga racemosa dried ethanolic extract in menopausal disorders: a double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial.

Results: The primary efficacy analysis showed no superiority of the tested black cohosh extract compared to placebo (Placebo is about 30%)

Reference: Randomized trial of black cohosh for the treatment of hot flashes among women with a history of breast cancer.

Conclusion: Black cohosh was not significantly more efficacious than placebo against most menopausal symptoms, including number and intensity of hot flashes.

Reference: Selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM) activity of the Cimicifuga racemosa extract BNO 1055: pharmacology and mechanisms of action.

Conclusions: It is suggested that not yet identified substances in the extract bind to a yet unknown estrogen-binding site in the endometrium.

This last one made me laugh, It demonstrated that Black Cohosh is doing something in Mrs Pigs pig womb but she isn’t telling us what.

Which reminds me, I'd love to have a bacon toasty.

Very Happy

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum