You are not connected. Please login or register

Is this better than Soy

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Is this better than Soy on Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:50 am

Is this product better than Soy isoflavones? I have been usung Soy from Boots for 5 months and while some of my flushes have gone I'm not sure if it is helping or if the menopause is finally finished. Thank you for any help.

View user profile

2 Re: Is this better than Soy on Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:20 am

Welcome to the forum.

I would have to say yes ( and I am totally biased Laughing )

Even though phytoestrogens interact with your body in a different manner from conventional HRT treatments; you are best avoiding any extra support in your breast and uterus.

Soy isoflavones have a fairly even effect throughout your body, so the higher your intake, to combat the flushes, the more unwanted support you will get in breast tissue and the lining of your uterus. This is why Soy is not recommended for women at high risk for breast cancer.

Typically, over the counter Soy products tend to be on the weak side, so some women will see the flushes reduced but the benefit isn’t great. A higher intake of Soy isoflavones can help bring the flushes down further but it’s also working in those two areas so can aggravate common conditions like fibroids.

Fxmenopause is a different class of phytoestrogen which has a selective effect. At an intake that will stop the flushes there is only a low level of effect in breast tissue and lining of your uterus.

And cost wise, over the counter Soy isoflavones can work out more expensive when you use then at an effective level.

Try fxmenopause or maybe try it together with your Soy.

Regards

View user profile

3 Re: Is this better than Soy on Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:51 am

Hi.

Soy isoflavones do have a selective effect. More in the body and less “up front”.

It’s just not as selective as FX which is great, specially for hair , skin and nails

T

View user profile

4 Re: Is this better than Soy on Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:37 am

Thank you so much for the help. I bought 30 capsules and take them with my soy. The difference has been very noticeable. With the last few nights being so hot it is hard to sleep but the flushes have really dropped off and I'm so pleased. I will post my progress through the heat wave.

Grace

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum